Sections

Thursday, June 27, 2013

At the End of the Day . . .


So, things went ok yesterday, and again today . . . 10,000+ words between the two. So I'm back on track :)

Tonight, as I was wrapping up (and as Karen is converting my son's crib into a toddler bed . . . big day for the Gallant household!), I was thinking.

See, I'm JUST at the point where I'm introducing a new character. This one's new to the story AND to WWX as a whole, and I'm SUPER excited about him/her/it . . . in fact, my fingers are itching to write more, despite all the time I've already spent in this chair (note . . . cool-looking chairs for the pub were a great idea . . . for when they were for guests . . . but now, my tailbone is KILLING me from sitting here for 8+ hours :-P  ).

Anyway . . . so yeah . . . about to introduce kick ass new character, super excited . . . but what to do? The way I see it, I have two choices: I barrel through and take advantage of the muse now, while it lasts . . . cuz it DON'T last, all day every day. OR, do I stop now, with a little note to myself to remind me what's coming . . . on the assumption that tomorrow morning, when Karen takes Rhys to the beach, leaving me for a full day of writing . . . that I'll be all jazzed up and hit the ground running on that excitement . . . ?

Well, to be honest, the last three days, starting up has been a challenge. I'm not entirely sold on the chapters I've been working on, and there wasn't a lot of action, to be honest. So I've decided to wrap up for tonight and see if starting the day off with an idea that already had me excited will motivate me to jump right in.

I'll let you know how it goes, and I'll leave you with a redacted version of the note I left myself at the end of the current Chapter 5:

"Future Craig: XXXXXX is a BAD ASS XXXXXX . . . don’t forget! . . ."

G'night Missouri City!

~Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment